Title and description liberally borrowed from Mark Twain's The Innocents Abroad.

1.10.2010

Youth Is Not Wasted

Someone once told me youth is wasted on the young. It might have been my father.

I must, at this point in my life, respectfully disagree. While our current pursuits may not be the most fulfilling, the most meaningful, or even the most productive, they are inherently enjoyable. We are here because we enjoy the outdoors, we enjoy the winter, we enjoy the freedom of this lifestyle. At what other point in my - or your - life have I been able to ski just two runs during an hour lunch break and be only glad that my life allows me to do so? Coming off the mountain I surprisingly did not feel that I had wasted that time - all I could think was "youth is not wasted on the young, not here."

No comments:

Post a Comment