Title and description liberally borrowed from Mark Twain's The Innocents Abroad.

11.04.2008

Hussein

That is, Barack Hussein Obama...

I woke up this morning to the sounds of the TV - quite odd for a school morning. So since I wanted to go back to sleep I went to close the door but was instead greeted by everyone gathered around the television and a rousing chorus of "the elections! Obama won!" To which I dazedly replied that polls only closed an hour ago (this is a disclaimer for any possible bad time zone math, I'm sorry, I was tired) and how could they possibly know already? But it seems as though they really do know and people are celebrating and all that jazz so I was happy. Then of course I realized that he'll probably be assassinated soon (God forbid) so we'll probably just be back where we started. But it'll be great while it lasts, insha'allah.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, way to throw cold water on what is a defining moment in our lives.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete