Title and description liberally borrowed from Mark Twain's The Innocents Abroad.

9.06.2008

Jordan...

…so it’s now been just about two weeks. Just enough time to deal with King Hussein’s revenge, jet lag, airport customs detaining my laptop, and the first week of Ramadan. Whew. Classes start tomorrow and I feel like we’ll be getting into a rhythm, which will be good – although the lack of food during the week will be draining, I expect. Nevertheless it’s exciting and I’m looking forward to getting my Arabic up to par and, hopefully, some kind of internship or volunteer position. I am also hoping for an opportunity to make some Jordanian friends although I’m not sure when or where that will happen as we do kind of have a CIEE bubble. And my fake engagement ring might actually serve its purpose and keep the prowlers at bay. Or creepy taxi drivers. And men in general, which really is the point. Ah, Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment