Title and description liberally borrowed from Mark Twain's The Innocents Abroad.

2.21.2010

Liquor Up (Mature Audiences Only)

I have just been told that I am a better drinking buddy than baker. Not sure how to take it. I did just make some more fabulous brownies. Threw in a little coffee and Aleppo pepper for good measure; I feel like I make brownies every other day now.

On the other hand, we did create a fabulous cocktail* for which, as Dan says, the technical name would be a "Perfect Rum Cocktail"; half each dry and sweet vermouth, simple syrup, Gosling's, Angostura bitters, and a grapefruit peel. "You forgot the 'how awesome of a drinking buddy Dan is part'." Thank goodness we stocked our "liquor cabinet" last week; $150 worth.

*Cocktail: Liquor, Sweet, Bitter. The End.

2 comments:

  1. Geez, and I thought I had just created the perfect Daiquri-
    2 oz white rum
    1 oz lime juice (must be fresh squeezed)
    1/2 oz of simple syrup
    1/2 oz of Cointreau
    2 dashes of orange bitters

    Shake well with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

    I'll try yours if you try mine.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, the problem is we'd need to buy white rum which would go against lent: we gave up liquor. It is now being replaced with bottles of wine. Antioxidants!

    ReplyDelete